Saturday, January 03, 2009

Annyoung

Annyoung means 安祥 in Korean.
(Not sure if I got the chinese words right, but you get what I mean.)

In a Korean context, this word may not fit my mood for tonight. But in a Chinese context, it aptly describes how I feel right now.

In less than a month's time, it'd have been 3 years since I last saw her. Life has been enriching and fulfilling and I believe I've lived up to her expectations of me. I've not been a let down, on the contrary, I'm exactly what she wanted me to be, an Undergraduate preparing for war in the society.

Up till now, especially when I'm alone, even when I'm overseas, I'd have wished that she could see me graduate, and prove to her that I'm not a disappointment at all.

I once thought she could be there for me even until the day I get married...

In any case, let's cheer up and pull up our socks so we can bravely say Annyoung to the people we miss.

Like what my uncle once said, "She has slogged for so many decades. As long as her departure is peaceful and painless, that's all that matters."

No comments: