Monday, August 03, 2009

Catch my breath

That previous entry was real, and now I'm gonna add the details because now I can breathe.
I'm still feeling uneasy, but at least I'm not suffering from shortness of breath anymore.

Since the night on 31st July, I felt stifled and giddy, almost like I was suffocating because news of 3 members of TVXQ filed a lawsuit against SM Entertainment. (Go google for details).
The fact that only 3 members made the decision and the other 2 members venturing into acting gigs got rumours on WWW turning into a tsunami in the Kpop industry.

On 1st August, TVXQ kicked start Japan's A-nation Tour tgt with artistes from Avex Entertainment, confusing all the fans about the status of the group.

Straight after the concert, on 2nd August, TVXQ flew home, splitting into 2 groups thereafter; the lawsuit group went into a meeting for a discussion on the current situation and the actors, with 1 heading for the filming scene and the other ??? (I hardly see stalker photos of this 1.)

Today, 3rd August, representatives of the lawsuit group held a press conference stating that the rumours of disbandment are all untrue and how SM has misdirected the media into releasing the actual reason behind the charges.
In the press conference, SM's unreasonable "slavery" contract clauses were revealed, spilling out quite abit of their dirty linen to the public. I can't imagine how future parents will allow their kids to dive into this black hole ever again.

In any case, this lawsuit has stirred up the Kpop industry and the Asia entertainment industry, since TVXQ IS one of the largest boyband in Asia.

After hearing all this (sort of) good news, I could feel my heart settling, not entirely, but enough to prevent me from an asthma attack.

And my mind started to wander. The magnitude of this issue is so big that Na could only pity the rest of the Kpop industry who'd be struggling to find a spot in the entertainment news sector.

Take for example SS501's first Asia Tour concert held in Seoul on 1st August. They are also one of the more influential boybands in Kpop, thus their concert should have been front page material. And I'm quite sure they planned for front page news with Hyunjoong (leader of SS501 and 1 part of Korea's F4) STRIPPING and Lee Minho , KimBum and Goo Hyesun (Cast of Boys over flower) amongst the audience rooting for SS501.

But NOoooo! TVXQ had to swoop in and blind everyone from all other Kpop news.
TVXQ is the leader of Kpop (atm), so anything that could jeopardise their future is bigger than the Great Wall of China.

Conclusion is, if you're planning to hit the front page of Kpop, contact TVXQ to make sure that they are not conjuring any soul frightening news to twart your plans.

No comments: