Friday, January 25, 2008

Apple? Sony? HP?

My laptop died again.
It was working perfectly in school. After i got home, I have no idea what happened, the drivers had an error and wouldn't open. I checked/scanned the drivers and restarted it, but to no avail. I tried using the address bar in the window to gain access to the drivers. I got in, but within 1 minute, a Blue screen flashed and tried to restart my com. It got stuck in the middle of restarting, so I went into DOS mode and set default setup configuration, thinking I could fix it.
Now, it reads "Operation System Not Found"
I was so dead.

I had no access to my half written report, which was due the next day. 2 reports to be exact. I panicked, broke down and trembled. I need my group mates to know that I'm in trouble. I need someone to come home quickly.

My kor managed to reach home in time. He couldn't help me with my report, if only it was on economics or law. Instead, he stayed up, went out to get supper, and got me Strawberry Frappucino at 3 in the morning. Now I know which brother I could count on in times of crisis.

My mom was reluctant to get me a new com at first. She wanted me to take her antique PC which runs on 256ram and 40gb hdd, and she blames the filled up hdd for slowing down the PC. *Rolls Eyes* The other PC has 160gb worth of data and it's 5 times faster than hers.

My dad got home on midnight and promised me a new laptop. =D
In the morning, when I was still up rushing reports, my mom relented and promised to get me a new 1 this weekend. *Big Grin*

So now, I'm window shopping online for notebook reviews and best buys.
Any recommendations?
It's either a Macbook (air needs too many external hardwares), Sony VAIO or HP.


Laptop Recommendations
Which brand of laptop should I get?
Macbook
Sony VAIO
Hwelett Packard
Others









If your answer is others, tag me your recommendation.
I think I'm too involved in surveys... *Shakes Head*

The next time I blog again, I might be on a new com!
Whooopie!

No comments: