Sunday, January 01, 2006

The 1st day of 2006

This is how I spent my first day of the year 2006.

Elementians had planned a picnic at the Bontanical Gardens at 4pm. We reached at 5pm.
Zhiwei, Elaine, Yunshan and I met up first at Gleneagles Hospital. Felicia's mom drove her in.
The four of us walked in from the side gate. Felicia dropped off at the National Park Headquarters, which is near the other end of the park. We chose to go to her and let her wait comfortably for us in the shelter.

It started raining when we barely walked 100meters. Elaine opend up her beach mat(which we were gonna use as a 'picnic' mat) and sheltered the 4 of us. Half way through, the mat started to leak on us! lolx. It was a woven mat, so there were holes large enough for water molecules to seep through. We were slightly wet on the top but our jeans were wet from knees down. So, we seeked shelter at a nearby souvenier shop.

The rain got heavier and we can't keep Felicia waiting. We decided to use two layers of the beach mat(the other one was shan's). Then, a family stopped us in the middle of the pouring rain to ask for directions. I was totally pissed, like they r so inconsiderate, cant they see that our shelter is totally not fullproof(dunno how to spell) at all!! Because of that, the rain reached my Ass!!

We got lost along the way, and ended up reaching NP Headquarters totally drench from head to toe inside out! The breeze was chilling our bones(冷到骨头里面), we were all shivering. We decided to juz sit down in the shelter and start our picnic. we chatted for 2 hours and spent another hour taking photos.

We sumd up our 2005 by telling each other our best moments and worse days of 2005. Last year was a pretty quiet year, as compared to previous other years. So, things did get better last year, but will it continue to improve this year?

Then, we walked out of the Botanical Gardens singing and we accompanied Felicia to Orchard MRT, still singing. After parting with Felicia, we walked to our bus stop singing. We only stopped when we got on the bus.

I finally got home, smelling like dirty laundry, or as Elaine says, like nature, I went straight to the bathroom to take a hot shower.

Wettest New Year ever, but I enjoyed myself. I'm glad I started my year with the Elementians, this may be a good year afterall.

No comments: