Sunday, April 09, 2006

My long awaiting SuperBand's Big Jam

I only watched the 2nd half of the Jammin'. Still, I managed to catch the bands that I wanna had been anticipating. I've been waiting for this to start. I've singled out a few that left the most impression.

Juz-B
The all malay group who sang a contemporary acapella song in mandarin. I really admire their courage to compete in a total foreign language. They can't even comphrehend what the judges are trying to tell them, it's so hard for them to improve.
Their performance would be impressive for malays to sing in mandarin. But their aca skills needs polishing.

Glamarous
The only all girl group in the competition. According to the magazines, this girls can't sing and dance to standard. I presume they are the best of the worst.
Their performance was weak. They have yet to decide the lead singer of the group, making the voices a little messed up. Their dance moves lack strength and attitude.

Soul
The so called imitation of Energy. Their costumes are really boyband-ish, but a boyband requires the looks, not just the moves. Oh, Campus Superstar's finalist, Renfred's brother, Alfred is in this boyband. Try spotting him, the prettiest face but rather small build compared to Renfred.
The performance was really hot. They are goddammit Hot dancers, Very sweet moves. I wouldn't comment of the voice. Let's just concentrate on the moves.

Qi:Nobe
The last performance for the night. Everyone except the lead singer is malay. They are also the only band who uses turntables, Excellent.
It was totally Impressive. It's alot like Linkin Park. 2 vocalist, 1 DJ, Guitarist, Bassist, Keyboard. The lead vocalist, a chinese, had decent rapping skills and voice. The 2nd vocalist, a malay, had trouble remembering the lyrics. They had the most rapport. I would say the scratching really gained alot of points for their performance.
My favourite band at the meantime.

No comments: