Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I am Mad about 東方神起!!

First and formost, I'll give a brief intro of the guys, starting from the oldest.



Xiah.Micky.Hero.Max.Uknow


Stage name: Hero Jaejoong (Youngwoong Jaejoong)
Real Name: Kim JaeJoong

DOB: 26/01/1986
Height: 178
Position: Main vocals

  • Good sense of humour,
  • Mood-setter of the dong bang crew,
  • Camera-hogger,
  • Personality is the total opposite of what his looks portray.
Stage Name: Uknow Yunho
Real Name: Jung YunHo
DOB: 06/02/1986
Height: 183

Position: Baritone/Rapper (Leader)

  • Sense of responsibility,
  • Representative of dong bang,
  • Toilet-hogger,
  • Best dancer in the entire group.
Stage Name: Micky Yoochun
Real Name: Park YooChun
DOB: 04/07/1986
Height: 180
Position: Bass-Baritone

  • Cheeky,
  • Fluent in English,
  • Has a flare in song composing,
  • The sexy, deep voice in english belongs to him.

Stage Name: Xiah Junsu
Real Name: Kim JunSu
DOB: 15/12/1986
Height: 178
Position: Baritenor

  • King of Cold Jokes (He's easily tickled),
  • (According to Hero,) his voice can bring out the true meaning of the lyrics,
  • (On screen,) he's always teased by the other members,
  • Loves soccer to the core.

Stage Name: Max Changmin (Choikang Changmin)
Real Name: Shim ChangMin
DOB: 18/02/1988
Height: 184
Position: Tenor

  • He may be the youngest, but the youngest and the oldest in the group often switch identities (both don't act their age),
  • Most IT savvy in the group,
  • Least rebellious as a student (relative to the others),
  • Used to be shy in front of the camera, but has opened up alot (way too much) recently.

And then you must be wondering how in the world did I find out about this "unknown" boyband!? I owe it all to Kim Jeong Hoon.

It was mega-KJH season on Youtube and I came across a Korean gameshow called Xman. After watching all the KJH episodes, I randomly picked an episode and there was Uknow, performing on the dance introduction section. There was Glitter in my Eyes.

I searched for another episode of Unknow in the dance introduction section. *Drools*

These were probably episodes from more than 2 years ago.
(See if you can spot young KJH in the background of the scenes where Uknow is wearing Orange.)

Mega-KJH season turned into Uknow Exploration. Then, I got to know 東方神起. I was alittle put-off at first when I learnt that Uknow is from a boyband. Nevertheless, I Googled/Youtubed on 東方神起. My Jaw Dropped.


My favourite dance act on Xman

Songs, Wow. Looks, WowWow. Dance, WowWowWow. Voices, WowWowWowWow.

And so, my journey to buy their album starts.

No comments: