Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Crossroads

I'm faced with yet another crossroad in life.
Things would probably have been easier if I did things differently in the past 3 years.
But it somehow set my mind to study abroad, no matter how I'm gonna get a place in the foreign land.

My mom didn't take me too seriously at first, assuming that I'll chicken out sooner or later.
But my recent actions changed her perspective.
This time, I'm not only full of Talk, but I'm taking action as well.

3 months ago, we've started running university fairs. As usual, I wasn't very proactive and had no idea what kind of questions to ask the exhibitors. I'm guessing that she must be secretly smirking, not taking me seriously.

Australia was an obvious choice for most Singaporeans. But after the first exhibit, I realise that I could only settle for average schools with my average grades.

My mom then made this comment, "When I go through interviewees and I see a Degree from Perth, the first thing that comes to my mind is nothing fantastic. Normal only."

Alright then, I'll try USA. I've been chatting up with Cw (through MSN of course), and he gave me more confidence in USA. I was all hyped up about applying for at least 3 universities in USA when my mom made another comment.

"I feel safer with you going to Australia. It'll be easier for us/me to fly to Aus/Sg than USA. I think Australia is better. And Sydney is expensive, so you better consider carefully first."

I swear I was screaming in my head when she said all those. I would make her eat her words if she wasn't my mother!
*Takes a Deep Breath*

So now, I'm aiming for Australia universities, and none in Sydney.
I'm guessing that she feels the pain now that she sees how serious I am.

I'm applying in Aus, USA and local.
Of course, my best bet to step into the land of America would be SIM's transfer.
But I'm determined for a spot in Australia.

People have been asking me WHAT IF i'm accepted in all schools?
Thanks for bringing up the hardest question that I'm not ready to face.
So maybe I can use some help here.

Crossroads
Where to go in my next step in life?


United States of America
Australia
SIM then transfer to USA after 1 year of study.














My Mother NEVER takes me seriously, and I hope this time she's learnt her lesson.

No comments: