Friday, July 10, 2009

"Adult" no more

Ignoring my "signs of aging" issues highlighted in my previous entry, I am no longer entitled to use the word "Adult" when addressing older people when I talk.
This is because people aged "children and below" now calls me "Auntie", which categorizes me into the other "A" word (mentioned above) in their dictionary.

Therefore, I've chosen the term "Old people" to subtly refer to people with bigger real age numbers relative to me.

In any case, this isn't what I came to write about.

Despite being in an all-english-speaking land with greener grass for a long time this year, Na still finds herself loyally listening to Korean and Japanese music only. So pardon me when I say that I've only recently really listened to popular acts like Lady GaGa and Kathy Perry. (Did I spell their names right?)

Yes, go ahead and judge me for being outdated, because I judged everyone in Singapore for going bananas over the "so-last-year" song, Nobody, by the Wonder Girls.

What really baffles me is the new fashion trend/statement Hollywood is trying to set recently.
I first noticed the "No Pants" wardrobe when Lady Gaga made a brief appearance in S.Korea's entertainment gigs.
Then, I see Kathy Perry and Beyonce spotting the same almost bared bottom look on MTV.
Next I know it, Jolin Tsai picked up the wardrobe for her MVs as well.
And I think there's a high chance that 2NE1, the current coolest korean girl band, is doing a monkey-see-monkey-do for their upcoming mini-album release.

It is a known fact for years that Na is NEVER a fan of pants. With climate like Singapore and body made of heat conducting materials, Na resists anything that's meant to keep one warm. I only learn to embrace the heat/warmth retaining abilities of pants/jeans after toughing through my first winter life in Brissy.

But still, Na knows that it is always at all times polite to keep her trunks to herself (and possibly anyone special) with perhaps some cloth that safely covers and yet unrestrictive.

If this is Hollywood's way of telling Na that mini skirts and hot pants are no longer enough to keep the heat more baerable, I think we should expect to see the current "1 piece swimsuit paired with panty hose" lookalike trend to succumb into walking lingerie/bikini average looking women in the next decade.

With absolutely no relevance to what I've written above, I think this is the first Jap CF I've seen so far, and I absolutely DIG IT!

Aside from flaunting their great a capella skills, this is exactly the image of Tohoshink I'd be envious for Dongbangshinki.
The fastforwarding of Doushite and ???? dance moves Cutesified the CF to the Max!

No comments: