Thursday, July 09, 2009

Who will be my financial advisor??

Shopping, a.k.a. spending excessively, is the new swine flu inhibited in my body.

This morning, I was awaken by my alarm set the night before to welcome my BKK buddy for a photo-grabbing session and movie date arranged a week ago.
Being accustomed to the mundane adult habit of checking emails right after the post-getting-off-bed trip to the bathroom, I thought I no longer needed a coffee for an "old people morning caffeine booster".

My mom had emailed me (and CC-ed my dad) a request for an arrangement with my time because she needed help home after a check-up at the doctors for the taboo "C" word in medical terms.

Without hesitation, I canceled my movie date and headed down to the vicinity to chill while waiting for the call.

I'm using my words very loosely here, because chilling turned out to be a torment for my wallet and my ATM card. Having suffered enough bruising and bleeding from other parts of the world, I can't help but hear soft cries of agony from my handbag.

Hours later, there was still no call from the nurses. I headed down to a cafe and ordered Iced Latte and a piece of cake for some adult quick fix. I really took my time to enjoy the a/c and time alone without parents judging while complaining about bills, but the silence from my phone was getting frustrating. I sent a msg to my mother, despite knowing that handphone radiations are probably something she cannot be in close proximity with, and received a reply almost immediately that contained 3 embarassing words.

It read: "It's tomorrow lar."

There, I waved for the bill, ignored my change and headed straight to the bus stop for home.

She called getting worried about my silliness to wait for nothing, but I was more concerned about my silly spendings during my wait for nothing.
Since she called, I made sure the check was something routine and there was nothing to worry about. So yea, it's a routine check for family history diseases, which got me questioning, "Am I eligible for one myself?"

Anyways, for a trip out for nothing, I found myself making purchases I already own because they are all sitting at home in the place of land with greener grass.

I swear that every trip I make back to sunny Sg, I find myself stripping my sg room barren and stocking up my properties in a place I've decided to leave for good in less than a year's time.

With regards to my relationship with caffeine, I am known for my mental age issues among my ozzie friends, but I still find myself living a life fit enough for a youth. However, everytime I leave the place I've gotten so used to the past few months, I find myself aging mentally so much that it's also starting to get physically draining as well.
The first trip home last semester got me sleeping and waking up in regular adult hours.

The second trip to home and bkk this time seemed to have added a couple of decades to my real age. In Bkk, I couldn't survive without coffee fixes on a daily basis. My bkk buddy could be my witness for that. Ber said it was the jet lag that caused the syndrome, but I'm into the end of my 2nd week in Sg and 3rd week away from Brissy and yet I still need the old people remedy to awakening to get my life rolling.

And it only gets better. I'm returning to Brissy in less than 2 weeks time, so the next time I'm back in Sg, expect Mother Earth, God, or whoever the culprit is, to add digits behind my age so that I can check myself into the doctors and get a prescribtion for rheumatism due to the year end wet weather climate in Singapore.

No comments: