Sunday, February 26, 2006

And so the debate starts here...

The NYP scandal is on the newspaper again. This time, it started a debate between my kor and my mom - the future lawyer vs the origin of the brains(in the family).

Results? Nobody won, Nobody lost.

But my mom lost the lawyer in explaining herself clearly. My kor and I end up not understanding what she was trying to say. She was also going out of point. Shows that she's losing. We ended there.

My kor's point of view- every1 has their own moral values. Do not use your own moral values to judge other's, because the other party might not think likewise.

- If you want to comment on others, you are just plainly KPO.

My mom's point of view- Moral values is set by the people. As long as you step out of the box (of morals), you have to be prepared to be commented.

- she agreed with my kor that other than black and white, there are grey areas. But when I ask her to give examples of her version of grey areas, she can't name any.

My kor's version of grey areas- abortion. Some people don't mind abortion, some find it a sin.

- So if a woman goes for abortion and finds it ok, why should the others who find it bad use their own believes to judge her?

My stand? I agree with my kor, but we will never be able to stop the people from commenting. They will never see his point.

because I wouldn't want others to do the same to me, especially if I think what i did was alright.

No comments: