Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My 2nd Dong Bang Friend.

Oh yes! Found my 2nd Dong Bang friend, Shu Hsien. As mentioned in my earlier post, if it wasn't for Na's Haven, SH wouldn't have discovered my dear TVXQ. Yeps, all thanks to Na's Haven. (:

Read her blog a few moments ago, she changed her blogskin (mentioned in my tb) and it's freaking pretty! I'm so jealous.
I promised to help her change her blogskin, cuz she liked what I did to mine. So, I suggested her to find a background she likes and I'll make amendments for her. She ended up finding a "ready-made super suave skin that needs no further amendments because it's shuai to the Max (changmin)!!"

Anyways, she mentioned about not knowing how many names Dong Bang has, and I've never elaborated on this topic, and I've not gone crazy over Dong Bang for quite a few posts already, so here's a tutorial on Dong Bang Names.

In Korea, they are called Dong Bang Shin Ki (DBSK). This is mostly used in Korea only - especially when they first debut.

The direct translation in english will be Dong Bang Shin Gi (DBSG), which is rarely used.

They are marketed overseas as TVXQ, Tong Vfang Xien Qi. Eventually, this became their official name because the co. wanted it in chinese - 東方神起.

The direct translation in english will be TVfXQ - note the small 'f' is added to emphasize on the silent 'V'.

Around 2 years ago, they decided to attack the Japan market, follow the footsteps of their senior BoA (Bitch of Asia) and so in order to be easily remembered in Japan, they had their name translated into Japanese.

In Japan, they are called Tohoshinki (THSK), which is used in their Japanese albums/singles.

Alright, we are only done with Part 1 of the tutorial. You've only learnt the names of TVXQ in different languages. Now, I'll teach you the member's names.

Being bias and all, hehe... I'll start with the leader of the group. =D

Jung Yunho
Stage Name: U-know Yunho
Korean Stage Name: U-know Yunho
Other forms of spelling his name: Yoonho

Kim Jaejoong
Stage Name: Hero Jaejoong
Korean Stage Name: YoungWoong Jaejoong
Other forms of spelling his name: Jejung (in Japan)

Shim Changmin
Stage Name: Max Changmin
Korean Stage Name: ChoiKang Changmin

Kim Junsu
Stage Name: Xiah Junsu
Korean Stage Name: Xiah Junsu

Park Yoochun
Stage Name: Micky Yoochun
Korean Stage Name: Micky Yoochun
Other forms of spelling his name: Yuchun (in Japan)
The name Micky was the name used when he was in the states (Virginia), his brother's name is Ricky.

Don't think I've missed out anything. Maybe I'll return another day to give another lesson on TVXQ.

Just thought of a topic. TVXQ Couples, or to put it nicely, TVXQ Besties - Bestfriends in TVXQ. The 5 of them are very close, but for 5 guys who eat, sleep, study and work together for 365 days every year, there must be a special bond between every member.

So I shall work on that post another day.


No comments: