Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Every second is a torture.

My kor is Taiwan and I'm dying for him to return. Not because I miss him (I'm too used to his absence at home), but because he's given a very important task. (Optimistic wise,) ther's a 50-50 chance of him accomplishing the mission, but I know him too well to not keep my spirits up.

In our own ways, we are spoilt. Because he is the oldest, he learnt the ways of independence at a very young age. Among the three, he had the least toys and never dared to ask for toys. He was taught to earn for his rewards and never take things for granted. So when he grew up, he taught tuition for his gadgets and worked for his branded merchandise. (But of cuz the folks pay for the big ticket items.)

For that, he earned our respect and thus hold great authority over us. With a maid serving us all our lives, he has 2 younger siblings to add to the service. Yeps, we're often ordered around and we never refusd.

He has a goal, a goal influenced greatly by my parents. His goal is to make money and he'll do whatever (morally upright) to earn as much cash as possible. [Btw, he has his own definition of morally upright -which i will explain later.] He once said to my parents, "You are the cause of what I am now. I was told to study really hard so that I can earn lots of money and not end up a roadsweeper. So that's what I'm doing now, studying so that I can be rich."

Therefore, he took up Law because of indirect passion. Lawyers earn good income - Good income = Rich. Ultimately, his passion (since primary school) is Money.

He thinks that you can do anything illegal as long as you don't get caught. So unless you have a 100% foolproof plan to commit an offence, you're an idiot. But I'll not worry about him doing so because everyone knows that there's no such thing as a 100% foolproof plan and in an illegal act, anything that can go wrong will go wrong. He's too smart to not see that.

Yep, he's too smart. Few possess high IQ and EQ, he's one of them. People say a child's brain absorbs like a sponge, apparently his brain has never left that era, it still absorbs like a sponge at the age of 23, while I'm turning into a resistor. He's also good at networking, meeting friends everywhere we go - like all ard Singapore.

Asking him for a favour is like moving a mountain hill.
I've to:
- Test his mood b4 approaching him
- Plead him countless of times
- Make sure it doesn't affect him/give way to him
- If he refuse, end of story.

He refused my request for Rising Sun DVD. I pleaded him for 2 whole weeks, he said he'll try, no guarantee. So now, should I still be optimistic?
Truthfully, I'm only 5% sure that he'll get it for me. *Fingers-crossed*

Shite, I'm feeling shitty after writing this.

Hope Shan gives me good news soon. Can't stand the torture. I need Plan B urgently.

No comments: