Tuesday, May 15, 2007

No Fever, No diarrhoea, So what is it?

It started at 1am. It felt like I was having cramps and an overly fed stomach at the same time. I was kinda puzzled because it was too early for cramps and I didn't eat much the entire day. All I had was a chicken leg from carrefour, 1 packet of chips and 2 donuts yesterday. But I did drink 2 bottles of Apple Tea, 1 bottle of Lychee Tea and 1 bottle of Peach Tea separately for that day. I expressed my discomfort to my kor, who was busy on the PSII, so I gave up and went to bed.

At around 4 in the morning, my kor needed to cut through my room to get into his room (to sleep). I have no idea my didi had to lock the front door. I was sitting on my bed fighting the 'cramps' when he entered. Neither of us suspected, so both returned to our beds.

At 7am, things got worse. The pain was excruciating and I felt nausea. Within half an hour, I was stationed in front of my toilet seat, throwing out brown liquid with partial solids.

I wouldn't mind if my stomach could just clear everything at one go, but no, it had to give me intermissions while piercing itself while doing so.

By 9, I had nothing to throw out anymore but my stomach refuse to give up. I managed to drag myself downstairs to get some ultracarbon tablets, which I threw up again, causing my subsequent throw ups to be black in colour.

Only my kor was at home, sleeping soundly in the other room. He can't hear my screams on the other side of the door, so I gave up on counting on him. I tried to call my mom, but my hands were trembling so hard, I can't seem to call the right no. Finally, I got through to my dad.

Saved.

It shouldn't be food poisoning. I had no diarrhoea and didn't eat much either. My mom says its stomach flu, a new term for symptoms that resemble that of diarrhoea. Anything that goes into my mouth, comes out within 30 mins.

Up till now, I still feel queasy, it's like another round of torture is waiting at my door step.

No comments: