Friday, March 17, 2006

I am Temping

Temping as in working temporary. Yep, I'm working. Today's my 1st day.

What am I working as? Ask Zhiwei.. the same as her. Pick up bloody calls from Samsung Customers and take bloody messages.

To all the Samsung users out there, I realised that it's not the product's problem but it's the system in the call centre. The customer service sux! I'm not directly involved, cuz I just take messages and let the seniors solve the problems.

It's only natural for products to have faults here and there. There will never be a perfect batch of goods in every company. So, the customer service hotline is set up to makeup for the shortcomings.

However, Samsung has horrible customer service hotline system. They have half of them taking messages, and another half solving problems. It will take the seniors a long time to solve the accumulating problems, especially when taking it down is easier than solving it.

For example, customer A called at 9am asking for an appointment to be made to check what's wrong with his refrigerator. I'll take down his details, the refrigerator details, and his problem. I'll pass this to one of the seniors. At 4pm, customer A calls up again for the same issue and complains that he has yet to receive any calls back from the service centre.

Now, imagine a whole load of this situation occuring within a day. Who wouldn't hate Samsung?

Example2, customer B wants to order a spare part(rubber tube) for his vacuum cleaner. Somebody will take down his details, the vacuum cleaner details and the specific sparepart customer B wants. She will pass it to the Manager and let her handle it. One week later, customer B calls the hotline again, questioning why hasn't she received any response from the service centre. All I can do is get customer B's details and the vacuum cleaner's details and the sparepart again and submit it to my Manager. Tragic.

So if you were to blame anyone, blame the call centre. But you will soon be pleased to know that this system will change by April. So if you have any problems, try and hold on to it till April. Because this call centre will get you nowhere.

No comments: