Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday Times, 26 March 2006

The article, "Secret Lives of S'pore teens" has a section on guiding young parents on how to teach and prevent the youngs to lead the modern teens' secret lives. The key word, "Communication".

There should be enough communication between parents and their child. Sex education and talks should start at a younger age, when it is more teachable.

Then I thought to myself, did my mom actually teach me these sexuality things or did I discover them myself? I discovered them myself. She only taught me what was virginity, and it ends there.

So how come I am not sexually active like what the paper says? Do I consider myself as a matured kid? But if I am a matured kid, why does my parents still refuse to trust me?

Ok, dads aside, i think my mom is a selfish woman. Even to her children, she is selfish. She would be frugal on our clothes, our shoes, our gadgets but she would splurge on her clothes, her shoes, her kitchen gadgets.

Her clothes fill 3 closets. Her shoes fill 3/4 of our shoe cabinet. There's space in the house to keep her kitchen gadgets, but no space for our gadgets.

She says we will have to buy our own luxury items with our pocket money. My kor did that. She still spends for my didi even though it has been so long since his operations. I can't afford luxury items, because I pay for our daily necesseties (shampoo, soap, etc.). She doesn't appreciate my sacrifice.

She dotes on the one who sacrifice the least. She trusts the smartest. She neglects me, the one who tries the hardest to compromise.

Thank god my dad listens. He tries his best to make up for what my mom. So I am consoled.

They should be the one who should be thankful for my maturity. I taught myself to love and respect my own body. My mom has no effort in this at all.

Don't blame the teens on their behavior. It usually starts from the adults. It is especially so if your child is weaker to the wicked society and parents still fail to teach them well.

I hate parents. Maybe that's why so many people don't wanna be parents anymore.

No comments: