Thursday, August 30, 2007

Finally time for myself.

Did I mention that I've not had time for myself in a gazillion years. Since BPC (FYP) Meeting ended early Today Yesterday, I managed to earn an afternoon worth of free period.

Let me define what I mean by time for myself. It means the time for me to display myself on the sofa in the living room alone. Simply, to slack and do nothing at home.
It's my form of relieving stress.

Back to my point.
There's been endless things to do, places to go, people to meet, gatherings to plan, that I've not been UTubing for TVXQ. (why do i hear cheers?)
But I managed to catch up on blog visiting, and ended up doing random quizzes just for the sake of it.
Blame it on dor and hk's blog.

But anyways, just wanna remind them that that blog quiz thing is not always right. It's like a 50% chance they've guessed the right answer you were looking for.

Take this 2 quizzes I took for example.

You Are 19 Years Old

Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe.

13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world.

20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.

30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!

40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.

I was shocked when I got this result. It was unbelievably on-the-spot.


For the people who knows me well enough, you'll know the accuracy of this next quiz.
You Are Okay With Money

You're about average with money, which means you probably don't have a lot of it.
Your instincts tell you to stay out of debt and spend wisely...
But you don't always listen to your instincts!
With a little more effort, you could have a nice little nest egg. You just have to control your spending.

No.1
What did they mean by "You're about average with money, which means you probably don't have a lot of it." I must clarify that I'm not trying to imply anything here, just that it's the truth that I'm not deprived of it.

No.2
They just said that I'm in debts! I swear that I'm more like the debt-collector! Does anyone know how much my beloved didi owes me in his entire life? (Maybe that's why they say I'm not having a lot of money.) Oh yes.. gotta chase him for the money I paid for his online shopping tmr.

No.3
At least they've got 1 thing right. I've really gotta control my spending. I just spent another $60 on tees online. Nopes.. nothing to do with TVXQ, it's really just tees.

In fact, I'm not someone who would splurge a lot. No, seriously, I will still choose the cheaper alternative is there's any. I would normally not consider things that are too pricey, unless I've a special reason to. (:

The only thing that I was taught not to be stingy on is Food. I wouldn't mind going KaChingg on delicacies and ambiance. We are mostly influence by my dad, who enjoys eating good and eating well. He once said that the only thing he will never stop us from spending is eating. So big posh restaurants with top chefs never bothers me, but apparently, this seems rare among other families. I realise that (the quality of) food is most often a secondary issue in families. Maybe that explains the mass-issues in my family.

I'm digressing already. Frankly speaking, I spend my money wisely and carefully, so my dad trust me to indulge me in claiming for entertainment/leisure activities.
(Unlike my didi, which is why he has to turn to me instead to get his extra cash.)

I never have to spend on a budget and I've never monitored my expenses.
Now, I feel like god is teaching me to learn how to manage budgets and expenses. Is is trying to hint to me something? That I'm too reliant, too comfortable?

But I must admit that this month, I'm pretty cash-strapped. But the spending must go on until Friday. (:
I'm glad that time is on my side. It's only 2 more days until the start of a new month.

Btw, I've finally contributed a self-made dish for a dinner gathering at fel's place. The entire recipe was plucked from the sky. Super simple dessert, which I normally eat as a meal itself, but since when I have proper meals at home.
My not so glam looking dessert.
!!Let me add that it's the most nutritious dish for the entire night.

Oh.. and it was raining for the entire tuesday, so it was alittle misty at Xiao Guilin. I almost felt like I'm in China doing intangible sight-seeing.
You can't really tell the mist in this photo.
Note that we've renamed Fel's condo to Crumbling View, since Guilin is crumbling.

No comments: