Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Life Meets The Future

I'll start from my day on Friday.

My previous post mentioned about theme park therapy, which didn't happen because it was closed, but there was still the bbq and chalet to look forward to.

If Tampines is JB, then Pasir Ris would be KL. To endure the journey I picked up some reading materials.
My choice: Teens magazine.
My reason: The back cover.
People who know me well enough, or maybe observant Queenswayans would probably understand after seeing this picture.
The chalet was planned months ago after the Shanghai trip and of course, those were the people who were expected to turn up. Ultimately when the day finally came, only 7 turned up.

And you were thinking that's quite pathetic... on the first night, the only 2 male species in the group were the only ones in the chalet, the girls all couldn't make it...

The worst is when we allowed the 2 guys to plan and buy our bbq land products (fkmk and glawu only had to worry about seafood). Apparently they have no basic knowledge of the appetite of girls and I don't think they took the no. of people in the bbq into consideration.
We ended up having enough left overs to feed a family.

F.Y.I. I've been to so many bbqs but this is the first I had to work to get food. Believe it or not (I know ppl like Cw wouldn't), I started the fire for the bbq. *Grins with Satisfaction*
But that doesn't mean I'll do it for the next bbq.. even if I have no excuse, I'll refuse, period.

I'm used to sleeping when the sun rises, so when we tucked ourselves in at 2.30am, I still had the energy to run 2.4. After much shuffling and fidgeting (because to the ungentlemanly male species), I managed to catch a few winks just before daylight.

Being up and walking when I normally would have just fallen asleep at home, my brain and limbs didn't function as well as I wanted it to. I fumbled and stumbled through breakfast, and I was lucky to have managed to find my way home.

Then, Shan called to go to some wakeboarding quarter-finals in Kallang. I was like thinking in my mind, "Please, somebody just shoot me so that I can have eternal rest." I declined apologetically, very sincerely, otherwise I would just give myself the honors to end my life.

I was determined to last it out until after dinner until Alvin msged to go out at night. I was reluctant at first, until Sh msg me saying that the Korean BBQ restaurant in Cine was showing TVXQ's videos.
Hehe.... I'll do anything for TVXQ. (:

So, I agreed and forced myself to bed and out of bed just for the few hours in Cine.
Frankly though, the Teri-Q chicken in the Korean bbq restaurant is really good, you all should try it out. Taste Guaranteed.

Sh and Hk joined us for dinner, and when I got there, they were playing Rain's videos again, the same one as the one I watched in the previous visit. When I asked to change it, the manager said some1 else requested for Rain's videos first.
Some Luck....

Alvin, Zw and I roamed the streets of Orchard aimlessly, shopped HMV, ate Ice cream, read comics in Borders. There was really nothing much to do after making the nightlife of Orchard, Cine, our 1st stop.

I got home, stoned in front of my laptop for hours and only got to bed just before the sun rises.
So much for killing myself to get some rest huh?

When I woke up today, I panicked. There's a USA College Exhibit that closes at 4pm and it's already 2pm. I quickly washed up and searched the house for mummy. I insist that she speeds there for the sake of my future.Of all the universities that took part, I was only interested in 2.
North Dakota State University and University of San Francisco.
I would prefer USF, since it's nearer to Singapore, but whether the university would take me in would be another issue. Afterall, I'm competing with all the A'Level Certs and GPA >3 students.

To make my future seem more bleak than it already is, we met my cousin who's sec 4 this year exiting the exhibition hall. She was there with her mom for 2 hours already. A Rafflesian who doesn't need to take an O'Level Cert. Where do I stand?

There's going to be another USA college exhibit next week in Suntec. I'm trying to make my life easier here, but I'm not seeing any results. Apparently it gets harder and harder.

That reminds me, Cw mentioned about an Australian College Exhibition in October. I need to get the dates right. Somehow, Australia sounds less scary than USA. To think my mom has even considered England... Spare Me!!!

Btw, I can't guarantee I'll remember everyone's birthday forever, but 2 dates I'll always remember no matter how hard I try not to. 23rd September is one of them. Sigh.

My family is having a Steamboat for the Mid-Autumn Festival tonight. Thank god I skipped lunch for the sake of my future, my near future that is... Dinner Time!!

No comments: