Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The long awaited entry on how Na spent her 21st

Curious Curious.
What is it like spending a significant day of your life in a foreign land?
It's Na first birthday in Autumn. How sweeet~

First and foremost, the people closest to Na in Brissy were nice enough to make sure Na never forgets this day.
And as usual, the first suspect of the day: Lina
Her task: Fulfill Na's day. (as in literally when the sun is up)
She's my first friend in Brisbane. Really, the first person I met. Fate does wonders.

She's been bugging me since weeks ago to think of what I wanna do on my birthday. And she's the only person who showed any concern.

Finally, on Friday, 2 days before the actual day, I've decided that we shall go (flea) market hopping!
First stop: Riverside Market.
Had tako, which isn't really excellent, but who cares when u're stuck in a foreign land.
And as usual, when I'm out with Lina, plants is mostly what we talk about.
Na surprisingly doesn't yawn. She starts to notice that other than providing shades, trees, like human, are special on their own.

2nd stop: Pancake Manor
It was suppose to be the last stop. But Suspect no.1 convinced me to make it our 2nd stop.
Na has always wanted to visit this legendary place.
Indeed, reminiscing on these pictures make me hungry at 2A.M. right now.
Na's Hot 'n' Troppo
Lina's Ultimate Combo?
Everytime Na goes to the city for her Korean Food Fix, she'd walk pass the shops in envy. She has long wanted to go frenzy in the city shops.
Shopping with a wind band was a breeze.

It was SUPPOSE to be a Market Hop Day.
But Suspect No.1 had to go home to skype with Mummy, so we had to go home.
We took the cat home, which Na thought was a clever way to stall some time instead of taking the bus. Na helped Lina pick this flower, which she said, was 1 of her new discoveries.
Na goes: ????????

So Na got home to find 5-6 bags of trash in her kitchen.
Na screams: WTH!?!?! I thought I only saw 1 bag in the morning before leaving home!?!??!

Anyways, Na went back to her room and Lina chills with her.
Na saw Marilyn (Suspect No.2) walkZooooomed out of her room.
Na wanted to greet her, but...
Na thought: hmm.... oh wells, maybe I'll greet later when she walks back.

So then Lina offers to bring the trash down but there's only so many she could carry.
Na went out to help her. There was nobody at home and Na was the last to leave the house. Na locked the door behind her.

Surprise Surprise!!
Everybody + Suspect No.1 & 2 started singing Happy Birthday with Ms Michie Superwoman holding the cake.
Which was later handed to me for a picture perfect.

Apparently, the kids have prepared a BBQ behind my back and Suspect No.1 Lina was left as a decoy so I'll be out of the building.
Everyone chipped in. And knowing Na's a chicken lover, the BBQ only had chicken.
Wahahahaahaahahahahahahaha!!! LOVES!!!!
Next, it was present time. And mysteriously, the whole gang managed to get Na's hands on Tohoshinki 2nd Live Tour 2007 FITB DVD, which is OOS in major CD stores in Taiwan, Hongkong and Singapore.
And then, Marilyn made us Fondue in Na's favourite Dark Chocolate. It was 70% cocoa, but Na would have loved it in 80%, since the fruits would already be sweet enough. Still, Na LOVES it.
I know it was the weirdest way to end a party, but channel 9 started to show Borat on TV and Marilyn and Lina haven't watched it.
So..... yea... this was how we ended the party: Watching Borat.

NA CONFESSes
After planning for Lina and Marilyn, Na did suspect something from Unit 5, especially when Lina kept probing throughout the week.
In addition, I remember Network Ash noting my birthday in her organiser on Pizza night. And Network Ash is not a person who would miss out on occassions.

I admit. I knew Rach wasn't meeting Joceline and she avoided going Coles with me on purpose. I had to persist to make sure I was right.
And if Rach was avoiding me, Ash would be the accomplice.

Ann and Marilyn's part would only come in at night, after the day activities.
Na was more surprised to find the house pitch black and empty when she returned from shopping.

Lina was texting non-stop in the day. It was as if some1 was spying on my every move and every shift in location. Na thinks it's either the suspects and accomplices or it's just her bf.

When Lina prompted to bring the trash down, I still couldn't figure out why we had so many rubbish, and I never noticed that Marilyn went out of her room but wasn't in the kitchen/living area and disappeared.
BUT! I knew something was about to happen.

Na suspected the bin area at first, but found it quite stupid to surprise me there.
So I thought the trash was to throw me out of the house so ppl could enter and surprise me when I return.

The BBQ pit was an unexpected place for the surprise.

But yea.... Na was expecting a surprise. She just doesn't know where and who's involved.

So yea.... I didn't wanna burst ur bubbles at that time. I guess, perhaps, days after the party is over, the adrenaline and sense of accomplishment gone, I can finally reveal the truth w/o disappointing all those who put in so much effort for Na.

Thanks gals!!!
and Thanks Mummy & Daddy for sponsoring all of Na's activities on this day (:
and Thanks to all who remembered.

Even though it was not how Na had dreamt it to be, it was waaaaaay better.

No comments: