Sunday, August 13, 2006

Having a Headache.

Last night my matriachal side of the family gathered for my ah ma's birthday. My uncle chose a teochew restaurant at Centerpoint, thinking that my ah ma will love the food there.

Then, it so happens that there's an old man celebrating his 70th birthday too. He reserved almost the whole restaurant. Well, thats not the point. The point is, that (big) family invited the lion dance people to dance for the occasion. I was really interested at first, but until I realise how loud it was. It's kinda embarrassing to be having a lion dance troupe in a shopping centre in town! And the thing is, this lion dance troupe danced for an Hour! From 8pm to 9pm! The restaurant isn't exactly very big, and it's not very empty. In fact, its totally packed with tables. There're not enought walking space in between chairs too.

Imagine this. The lion dance troupe and the drummers, percusionists, all in the centre of the restaurant. All of us within four walls, and the ceiling is not very high. Imagine the noise travelling in the confined space. It was as loud as standing beside the troupe.

I couldn't eat well last night.

Oh! One more thing! I saw my little niece last night too! She's so adorable. Totally stole the limelight from my ah ma, but she's not complaining. She's my ah ma's 1st great grandchild. If I'm not mistaken, she should be about 6months old. Really cute!!! wait till i get the photos of her that night, then i'll show it to u how pretty that little thing is. Little Jazreel, tat's her name, but she doesn't seem to react to her eng name as much as her chinese name. As usual, this habit runs in the family. So, she only looks at me when I call her yanyan - which is still not her full name. She doesnt turn her head when I call Kaiyan - which is her name. Teaching the baby wrong things.
I am thinking.. she's like a puppy now.. she only reacts to the name she thinks is her name - yanyan. When her real name is really not yanyan. It shows that she's not trained properly.

So then, Lesson #1. When u have a newborn, call her/him by her real name. Do not give her/him petnames to confuse her/him.

No comments: