Monday, September 08, 2008

It was the party of the year...

and I feel sour for not being there.

Congratulations Mr. Aw for winning the Best Party of the Year Award.

Oh wells, just like the (Oscar, Grammys, MTV, etc.) award ceremonies, I'm glad that I was nominated would have been invited if I was there.

Super random.

After dinner at West End (another suburb across the Brisbane river frm UQ), I have no idea what did I do to my glasses, but the screw was lose on one of the leg thingies.

*Panic*
I didn't bring (well, I dont really have) a pair of spare glasses. So I survived the rest of the night, in contacts.

Today, going to optician was pretty scary.
Not the dentist (beside the optician) kind of scary, but the "Kaching!" kind of scary. The prices of the glasses in Aus were rocket high!

A pair of glasses would cost $250 min. and not to say those are probably the fugly ones.

Why so ex? You may ask...
In fact, it is quite reasonable if all of them are actually branded frames.
D&G, Prada, Ray Ban, etc.

The little Na angel on my shoulders is trembling at the exorbitant prices, while the little Na devil on the other side is telling me to try it on.

I did.

They managed to fix my glasses, with no gaurantees that it'll not break if I'm not careful in the future, because it's alittle fobby on the metal already.

Then, the little Na angel sigh in relief while the little Na devil was stomping her feet in anger.

Better luck (or not) next time.

No comments: