Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shocking Revelation that goes "HOORAY!!!"

I've been so busy with moving, exams and packing, I've only JUST realised it was 24th June yesterday.

What does 24th June means??

Well, in Na's life, 24th June 2009 would mean that she Can Drive Without a P Plate.
Yes, it's been a year since I am professionally declared a non-life-threatening "road hog". Note that I used the word "road hog" in quotes because of the sweeping statement: "Women are bad drivers".

Despite passing the test on my first trial, I wasn't trusted behind the wheels. It might have been because of what a klutz I've always been, or issit really?
On my part, it was more like discrimination of feline on wheels.

Now a year later, all the confidence I once had was long out the window. In fact, I feel so much safer on the wheels with the P Plate standing out of the windscreen even if it MIGHT be illegal to use it when you don't have to.
C'mon! I'm pretty sure there aren't any chapters in the Driver's Basic Theory Textbook stating the consequences of using a P Plate after probation.

Anyways, why do I even care. It's not like I'm allowed to drive the "new" merc when i get back. Although Daddy didn't explicitly say "No", being 4th in line to the inheritance of that "new" piece of moving metal, I am in no place to enjoy its services when the crown prince (that's my brother) doesn't even dare to roll down the window shades of the car, in case he scratches the glass on Daddy's precious.

Going totally out of topic, today is probably the 2nd coldest day I've felt since the start of winter. How exciting. Imagine sleeping in the coldest winter night so far in Brissy right now and plane down to (maybe) the hottest day in Sg almost immediately. I can't, but I'll keep you updated about the possible carnage, that is if what's left of me includes my fingers and my brain.

No comments: