Monday, July 28, 2008

Classics

I gave up on Disney's drama mama stories and tried some classics.
I never realised how melodramatic Beauty and the Beast was until I rewatched it this time.Belle thinks she's in the 90s.
Oh, maybe she really was.


First on the list, Edward Scissorhands.
One of my brother's favourite classics.

I still remember how my brother could watch this movie over and over and never get sick of it. I never understood the story line of the movie, but the scissorhands was entertaining when u're an ignorant child.
Still, I always teared when he ran back to the castle and lived his life in solitude once again.

So I've decided to find out finally what was the story about, which got me tearing again, this time, I know why my tears came rolling down.

It's a beautiful movie, and I think film makers now lack that imagination nowadays.

Back then, when we played this movie on loop, I always thought Edward was creepy, especially at the start, when he first appeared on screen. It felt more like a horror story than something beautiful.

As I got older, Johnny Depp got famously hot, but I never knew Edward was Johnny. Until one day, after the Pirates Craze, my brother broke the mystery of Edward's real name.
Then, Johnny wasn't so hot anymore.
But he's the most convincing actor in the world.

And when people say Pirates could be Johnny's hottest work ever, I hafta disagree.
Edward is the best representative of Johnny.

Then again, I'm not a big Johnny Depp fan, and I haven't watched that many Johnny Depp movies.
So who am I to say anything.

Maybe I'm just overwhelmed by the movie.
Off to dreadful dinner!

No comments: