Sunday, July 13, 2008

I do miss home

At the start, I thought I didn't miss home, but more of the comfort I have at home.
But this morning, woke up feeling enlightened.

It all began in the perfect sunny weather today of 23 Degrees.
I was under the quilt, enjoying the last few minutes of sleep, preparing to wake up.

Before lifting up my eyelids, I was expecting my Mat Jambol room, with the high pointed ceiling and the morning afternoon sun greeting me through the full length window at the foot of the bed.

Upon opening my eyes, I saw a totally different room. The old yellowish curtains, caravan style windows and a squeaky metal bed frame.

Suddenly I felt disappointment flooding my Heart, Mind and Soul (Wahahahaha!! Inside joke for all TVXQ fans).

It kinda hurts when reality strikes without knocking. The worst part was, I was totally looking forward to rise from my bed and greet my TVXQ posters. Urgh!

I'm contemplating on printing some TVXQ pictures and sticking them up my walls so it looks more like home. But then again, I've to ration my cartridge cuz I won't know how much ink i'll need in the coming months.

On the bright side, I'm leading a life that many dream of having. Studying abroad without financial woes is a blessing I'm grateful for and I only have my parents to thank for that.

Last night, my mom promised full sponsorship of internet connectivity (just because she feels comforted seeing my face through video calls) and my dad promised full sponsorship of gourmet food whenever I feel like eating out, avoiding the sometimes horrible meals they serve in the college.

But I just wanna let all of you know, I know my limits.
Splurging is no longer a luxury I can (should) afford.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I'm on a one way traffic because I'm the only one doing the talking and no one is responding.
Everyone is interested and finding out about my life in Brisbane but I have no idea what's everyone up to (except for a handful of Sweethearts).

No Addresses,
No Updates,
No News,
This Won't Do!

So much for reminding me to update my blog when no one is making the effort to keep in touch.
I'm starting to feel like it's all a facade again, like stage lines that you all just blurt out because it's necessary to (and cuz that's what you always hear on TV).

I've just added more people to my unappreciative list of friends. I'm starting to get so childish, I know.

Instructions to get yourself out of the list:
Step 1: Sign in to your email account.
Step 2: Type hoshigal@hotmail.com or sheena.ng@gmail.com into the "To:" blank.
Step 3: Type your Home Address, including your Postal Code into the message space.
Step 4: Click "Send".
Step 5: Wait for 1 working day and you'll find you name out of the list automatically.

No comments: