Wednesday, July 23, 2008

How exciting do you expect Brisbane to be?

The only exciting part of Na's life in Brisbane:

RECORD-BREAKING NEWS!!!

3 CONSECUTIVE NO.1 ON JAPAN'S WEEKLY ORICON CHARTS!!!!!!!

TVXQ's DOUSHITE SINGLE IS THE ULTIMATE MUST-HAVE THIS SEASON!!!
FIRST FOREIGN ARTISTE TO EVER DO THAT!!
THE LAST 2 consecutive no. 1 on Japan's Weekly Oricon Charts Record WAS BROKEN BEFORE I WAS BORN!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rest of Na's life:

It's only 3 days.... Brisbane's excitement can only fill up that many post u-know?
(pun intended)

Let's see... Brisbane is pretty boring actually.
It's the things that i do that makes it colourful, and it wasn't even intentional.

I've got Mon and Tues off every week, so basically, school officially starts on Wednesday for me, which is Today.

1st lecture in UQ was scheduled at 8am.
I didn't have a choice, it was the only slot given to us, and I totally don't function so early in the morning.

I dragged myself out of bed at 7.20am, took a shower, packed my bag and skipped breakfast.
Realised I was late, and rushed to the location almost looking like I had the "Not In Operation" sign hanging around my neck.

In the block that i was suppose to go to, there was more than 1 lecture hall, so I guess you guys can pretty much figure out what I did.
(We all took comprehension in school, for crying out loud!)

It's the first lesson in Australia, 1st class in UQ and the 1st for me to embarrass myself so badly while interupting an entire lecture.
My ass almost wanted to sit through a Biomedical class.

So then, it was market day today.

Basically, on market day, there'd be stalls set up around the Great Court (Huge Grass Field in the middle of the sandstone buildings) selling sg fleamarket kinda stuff, and stalls set up by sports, society and clubs.

Since it was drizzling all day today, and the weather decided to throw a tantrum and drop the degrees by a few notches, the event was shifted indoors into 3 different locations.

As a marketing student, I really wanna advise these Australians to always come up with a contingency plan and NEVER split an event into so many locations, cuz then, you'd be splitting up the crowd and losing the commotion and atmosphere.

I'm an undergraduate and I can think of that, I have no idea why can't they.
(Wows! I just realised that I'm an undergraduate. Something different when I'm filling up forms...)

There's this new international students dinner organised by my college and my college buddies and I were invited.
We were not keen on participating and while we were telling the office lady to strike our names off the list, out of curiousity, I made a stupid remark, which got us into a no return trip to hell.

"I was just wondering, how do we have to dress up for the dinner? Because we didn't bring any pretty clothes to wear."

It was a lie, but the words came out before it could reach my brain (okay, doesn't make sense.)

The lady sent us to the Head Of College, who gave advice on what to wear and where to get them, and without asking, added our names to the guest list for the dinner.

Concisely, on Na's first day of school, I've made more mistakes than I'd have in a month.
I blame it on waking up and forcing my frozen rusty brain to work at 8am in the morning.

Na also fried her shrunken clothes in the dryer.
Stir-fried Denim with Detergent Seasoned Socks, anyone?

--------------------------------------------Edit-------------------------------------------

"They have SBS in Australia TV!?"

"SBS as in Special Broadcasting Service, not Seoul Broadcasting System lar!"

*Deflates*

No comments: